- 1 American
- 1.1 Bacon Mac
- 1.2 Beanie Weenie
- 1.3 Bread Pudding
- 1.4 Brown Bread
- 1.5 Caesar Dressing
- 1.6 Cheddar Biscuits with OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1.7 Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1.8 Chicken Pot Pie
- 1.9 Chili
- 1.10 Clam Chowder (Ivar's Inspired)
- 1.11 Creole Shrimp and Sausage Stew
- 1.12 French Toast
- 1.13 Fresh Tomato, Sausage Pasta
- 1.14 Green Bean Casserole
- 1.15 Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1.16 Hamburger Patty
- 1.17 Hazelnut and Pecan Crusted Salmon
- 1.18 Honey Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1.19 Mac and Cheese
- 1.20 Meat Loaf
- 1.21 Mushroom Gravy
- 1.22 Pan-Fried Pork Chops
- 1.23 Pastrami Hash
- 1.24 Perfect Potato Soup
- 1.25 Pork and Beans
- 1.26 Pot Roast
- 1.27 Pumpkin Cream Pie
- 1.28 Scrambled eggs
- 1.29 Stuffed Lobster
- 1.30 Taco Salad
- 1.31 Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- 1.32 Turkey Meatballs
- 1.33 Turkey-Veggie Meatballs
- 1.34 Waffles: Belgian
- 1.35 Waffles: Oats
- 2 Filipino
- 2.1 Where to Get Ingredients
- 2.2 Adobo (Chicken)
- 2.3 Leche Flan
- 2.4 Pork Belly Adobo
- 2.5 Beef Nilaga
- 2.6 Bistek Tagalog Recipe
- 2.7 Chicken Katsu
- 2.8 Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 2.9 Kikiam and rice
- 2.10 Lumpia and rice
- 2.11 Pancit Bihon
- 2.12 Siopao asado
- 2.13 Spaghetti Filipino-Style
- 2.14 Tonkatsu
- 2.15 Toyomansi Fried Chicken
- 2.16 White King Champorado
- 3 French
- 4 Italian (American)
- 5 Middle Eastern
- 6 Thai
- 7 Mexican
- 8 Korean
- 9 Chinese
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup) Ingredients
* 3 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided * 12 ounces strozzapreti or penne pasta * 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour * 1 1/2 cups skim milk, divided * 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided * 1/4 cup sliced green onions * 1 teaspoon hot sauce * 1/4 teaspoon pepper * 2 slices center-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled * Cooking spray
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Bring 6 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add 1 cup milk; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes or until it cools to 155°. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, onions, hot sauce, pepper, and bacon; stir. Add pasta; toss. Spoon into a 2-quart broiler-safe dish coated with cooking spray; top with 1/2 cup cheese. Broil 7 minutes.
- 1 11oz can pork and beans (whatever your favorite flavor is)
- 2 hot dogs, sliced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard
2 1/2 cups bread, cubes 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk 2 eggs 1 egg yolks 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 tablespoon vanilla 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon almond extract 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 cup raisins 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional) Directions: 1 Place bread cubes in lightly greased 2-quart casserole. In large bowl beat together milk, eggs, egg yolks, sugar, almond extract, nutmeg, & cinnamon. Pour over bread cubes. Stir in remaining ingredients. 2 Bake in preheated 350°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired. 3 Note: For a puffier pudding, refrigerate several hours or overnight before baking.).
Brown Bread Machine * 3/4 cup warm water * 1/2. tablespoon sugar * 1-1/8 tsp rapid rise yeast * 1 cup bread flour * 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour * 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder * 1 tsp espresso powder or coffee * 1/2 tsp salt * 1 tbsp butter, softened * 1/8 cup honey * 1 tbsp molasses
Small batch 6 tablespoons warm water 1 teaspoon sugar 1/2 teaspoon rapid rise yeast 1/2 cup bread flour 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 1 tablespoon cocoa powder 1/2 tsp espresso powder 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 tbsp butter, softened 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tbsp molasses
2 small garlic cloves, minced 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (found near the tuna fish in the supermarket) 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from one lemon 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I like the brand Maille) 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 1 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann's Real 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cheddar Biscuits with OLD BAY® Seasoning
Prep Time 10 min Total Time 30 min Servings 8 Ingredients Topping 1/3 cup butter, melted 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon OLD BAY® seasoning (from 6-oz container) 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes Biscuits 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix 3/4 cup milk 1/4 cup butter, melted 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz) Directions 1 Heat oven to 425°F. In small bowl, stir together Topping ingredients; set aside. 2 In medium bowl, stir Biscuit ingredients until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 8 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. 3 Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Immediately brush hot biscuits with Topping. Serve warm.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Original recipe: https://cafedelites.com/creamy-mushroom-soup/
4 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon oil 1 onion diced 4 cloves garlic minced 1 1/2 pounds (750 g) fresh brown mushrooms sliced 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1/2 cup Marsala wine (any dry red or white wine) 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 4 teaspoons chicken flavor Better than Bouillon 0-2 teaspoons salt adjust to taste 0-1 teaspoons black cracked pepper adjust to taste 1 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled 4 cups milk
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and thyme, cook for 5 minutes. Pour in wine and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken bouillon and milk, mix again and bring to gentle simmer (do not boil). Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add crumbled bouillon cube.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, while occasionally stirring, until thickened.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
Chicken Pot Pie
8 servings @ 441 calories
Ingredients: Sauce: 1.5 cup Milk - 195 1.5 cup Onion diced - 96 calories 1.5 cup Chicken base - 15 6 tablespoon cup butter - 600 calories 3/4 cup flour - 330 Melt butter, add in flour, bring milk, onions and chicken base to a boil. Filling: 1.5 pound boneless skinless chicken - 550 calories 1 potato 161 5-1/3 cup of mixed vegetables - 2 packages - 480 calories 1/2 onion diced - 32 calories 2 tablespoon butter saute onion, add mixed vegetables, potato, chicken. Pastry: 1/6 of pastry sheet per pie. 160
- 2 28 oz cans of peeled whole tomatoes
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilis (eg, Rotel)
- 30 oz can of kidney beans
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 lb 30% fat hamburger
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Add first four ingredients to crock pot. To save time, the crock pot can be microwaved for ten minutes to get the ingredients hot. Put crock pot in slow heater, turn on high.
Form hamburger into small meatballs (less than 1cm each). This step can be skipped, but the resulting flavor will be reduced.
Fry hamburger until cooked. Place in crock-pot along with the other ingredients. Add chili powder, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook uncovered until flavors are well-mixed and liquid thickens (usually a couple hours or more). Turn temperature down to low if crock pot starts boiling. Serve with saltine crackers.
Clam Chowder (Ivar's Inspired)
- 2 (6½ ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 2 cups finely diced potatoes
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 4 cups half-and-half, warmed (or 1 cup whipping cream and 3 cups milk)
- 2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 dash pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- In a medium saucepan, drain the juice from the clams; set the clams aside.
- Combine clam juice with the onions, celery and potatoes.
- Add enough water to barely cover and simmer, covered, over medium heat until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add flour and stir in to the butter.
- Slowly whisk in the warm half-and-half.
- Cook and whisk until smooth and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Recommended: For a thinner chowder, add 1 cup milk or clam broth.
- Add the vegetables with their cooking liquid, clams, salt, pepper and sugar to the pan.
- Stir well and adjust the seasonings if necessary.
- Recommended: Continue stirring on low heat for ten minutes, to give the potatoes a chance to influence the broth, and the flavor a chance to settle.
Creole Shrimp and Sausage Stew
Warm up cool evenings with a delicious stew that's just as delicious on its own as it is when ladled over rice. Serve with crusty bread and hot sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup) Ingredients
* 2 teaspoons olive oil * 1 cup chopped green bell pepper * 1 cup thinly sliced turkey smoked sausage (about 6 ounces) * 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic * 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth * 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained (such as Rotel) * 8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp * 1 (15-ounce) can organic kidney beans, rinsed and drained * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell pepper, sausage, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until bell pepper is tender, stirring occasionally. Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp and beans; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until shrimp are done. Sprinkle with parsley.
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon sugar 1 tablespoons butter 1 eggs 1 tablespoon milk 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 slices challah, brioche, or white bread In a small bowl, combine, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and set aside briefly. In a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container such as a pie plate. Dip bread in egg mixture. Fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side. Serve with syrup. Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robert-irvine/french-toast-recipe.html?oc=linkback
Fresh Tomato, Sausage Pasta
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups pasta mixture, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 tablespoon basil) Ingredients
* 8 ounces uncooked penne * 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage * 2 teaspoons olive oil * 1 cup vertically sliced onion = half an onion * 2 teaspoons minced garlic * 1 1/4 pounds tomatoes, chopped * 6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese, divided = Parmesan is fine * 1/4 teaspoon salt * 1/8 teaspoon black pepper * 1 tablespoon basil leaves
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casings from sausage. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sausage and onion to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pasta, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and basil.
Green Bean Casserole
Prep: 20 mins Level: Easy Cook: 30 mins Serves: 16 or 4 meals Description This from-scratch green bean casserole is a cinch and can be made ahead of time…and can be adapted however you’d like. Have fun with it! Ingredients Green Bean Casserole Prep: 20 mins Level: Easy Cook: 30 mins Serves: 8 Description This from-scratch green bean casserole is a cinch and can be made ahead of time…and can be adapted however you’d like. Have fun with it! Ingredients 2 pounds Fresh Green Beans, Ends Cut Off 4 slices Bacon, Cut Into 1/4 Inch Pieces 3 cloves Garlic, Minced ½ whole Large Onion, Chopped 4 Tablespoons Butter 4 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour 2-½ cups Whole Milk ½ cups Half-and-half 1-½ teaspoon Salt, More To Taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste ⅛ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese 1 jar (4 Ounce) Sliced Pimentoes, Drained Extra Milk For Thinning If Necessary 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs Preparation Cut green beans in half if you like pieces to be a little smaller. Blanch the green beans: drop them into lightly salted boiling water and allow green beans to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove them from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge them into a bowl of ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain beans once they’re cool and set aside. Add bacon pieces to a skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon for two minutes, then add diced onion and garlic and continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes, or until bacon is done (but not crisp) and onions are golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside. In a separate skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle flour into the pan and whisk immediately to evenly mix it into the butter. Cook for a minute or two, then pour in milk and half and half. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, while sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne then add the grated cheddar. Stir while cheese melts. Turn off heat. Add pimentos to pan, then add bacon/onion mixture. Stir to combine. Pour over green beans and stir gently to combine. Pour into a baking dish and top with panko crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and panko crumbs are golden.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Two slices of bread and some cheddar cheese or American cheese, toasted. This is a pretty simple recipe, and just here to go with the Tomato Soup recipe.
- 250 calories - 12 patties
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed soda crackers or 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon barbeque sauce
Hazelnut and Pecan Crusted Salmon
Inspired by a Trader Joe's product: http://www.livingtraderjoes.com/trader-joe%E2%80%99s-pecan-hazelnut-crusted-salmon/
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, crushed into small pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, crushed into small pieces
- 1 lb salmon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Mix crushed hazelnuts and pecans. Wash salmon with water, and pour crushed nut mixture over the salmon. Press the nuts into the salmon (with medium pressure) to form a crust.
Heat oil in frying pan, and add salmon when hot. Set to medium heat. Fry until done.
Honey Wheat Pizza Dough
1 cup Lukewarm Water 3 Tablespoons Honey 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil Plus Extra For Spreading On Dough 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour - 1320 cal 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt 2 teaspoons Yeast 2 teaspoons Cornmeal
Mac and Cheese
Preferably the dry cheese version! Kraft or knockoff brand, whatever.
By Pioneer Woman. Ingredients
* Meatloaf: * 1 cup Whole Milk * 4 slices Wheat Bread * 2 pounds Ground Beef * 1 cup (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese * ¼ teaspoons Seasoned Salt * ¾ teaspoons Salt * 2 teaspoons Freshly Ground Black Pepper * 1 tablespoon Minced Flat-leaf Parsley * 4 whole Eggs Beaten * 12 slices Thin/regular Bacon * Sauce: * 1-½ cup Ketchup * 1/3 cups Brown Sugar * 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard * 1 teaspoon Tabasco
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour milk over the bread slices. Allow it to soak in for several minutes.
Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, Parmesan, seasoned salt, salt, black pepper, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in beaten eggs.
With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil to avoid a big mess!)
Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
Make the sauce: add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir together. Pour 1/3 of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon.
Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.
Serve with mashed potatoes. Yummy!
- - 600 calories 8 servings
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter - 400 cal
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced 90 cal
- 1/3 cup flour - 132
- 1 quart cold beef, chicken or vegetable stock or broth - 45 cal
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat butter over medium heat in a saucepan until it foams. Stir in mushrooms. Season with salt. Simmer until liquid evaporates, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the flour, cooking and stirring for about 5 minutes. Add about 1 cup of beef stock, stirring briskly until incorporated, then pour in the remaining stock and mix thoroughly. Season with black pepper and thyme. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring often.
Pan-Fried Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (5-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
To prepare pork, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle pork evenly with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; dredge pork in flour. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook 5 minutes or until golden. Turn pork over; cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
1 16- to 18-ounce package precooked diced potatoes (peeled or unpeeled) 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced 1 medium green bell pepper, diced 1 teaspoon paprika 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt, divided 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of freshly ground pepper, divided 5 ounces deli pastrami, diced (about 1 generous cup) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add potatoes, onion, bell pepper, paprika and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then spread in an even layer in the pan and cook, undisturbed, for 3 minutes. Stir in pastrami, spread back into an even layer and cook undisturbed again until a crust starts to form on the bottom, about 5 minutes more. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
Perfect Potato Soup
Prep: 10 mins Level: Easy Cook: 20 mins Serves: 12 Description Potato soup…the way I love it! Simple, delicious, and warms your soul. Ingredients 6 slices Thin Bacon, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced 3 whole Carrots, Scrubbed Clean And Diced 3 stalks Celery, Diced 6 whole Small Russet Potatoes, Peeled And Diced 8 cups Low Sodium Chicken Or Vegetable Broth 3 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour 1 cup Milk ½ cups Heavy Cream ½ teaspoons Salt, More To Taste Black Pepper To Taste ½ teaspoons Cajun Spice Mix 1 teaspoon Minced Fresh Parsley 1 cup Grated Cheese Of Your Choice Preparation Add bacon pieces to a soup pot over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp and fat is rendered. Remove the bacon from the pot and set it aside. Pour off most of the grease, but do not clean the pot. Return the hot to medium-high heat and add the onions, carrots, and celery. Stir and cook for 2 minutes or so, then add the diced potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt, pepper, and Cajun spice. Pour in the broth and bring it to a gentle boil. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are starting to get tender. Whisk together the flour and the milk, then pour into the soup and allow the soup to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove half to 2/3 the soup and blend in a blender/food process until completely smooth. Pour it back into the soup pot and stir to combine. Let it heat back up as you taste for seasonings, adding more of what it needs. Stir in cream, then stir in parsley, reserving a little for garnish. Serve in bowls garnished with parsley, grated cheese and crisp bacon.
Pork and Beans
Sautee 1/2 onion, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and can of Van Kamp's Pork and Beans
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/2008_the_year_of_the_pot_roast/Ingredients 1 whole (4 To 5 Pounds) Chuck Roast 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil 2 whole Onions 6 whole Carrots (Up To 8 Carrots) Salt To Taste Pepper To Taste 1 cup Red Wine (optional, You Can Use Beef Broth Instead) 2 cups To 3 Cups Beef Stock 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme, or more to taste 3 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, or more to taste Preparation Instructions First and foremost, choose a nicely marbled piece of meat. This will enhance the flavor of your pot roast like nothing else. Generously salt and pepper your chuck roast. Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or you can do a butter/olive oil split). Cut two onions in half and cut 6 to 8 carrots into 2-inch slices (you can peel them, but you don’t have to). When the oil in the pot is very hot (but not smoking), add in the halved onions, browning them on one side and then the other. Remove the onions to a plate. Throw the carrots into the same very hot pan and toss them around a bit until slightly browned, about a minute or so. If needed, add a bit more olive oil to the very hot pan. Place the meat in the pan and sear it for about a minute on all sides until it is nice and brown all over. Remove the roast to a plate. With the burner still on high, use either red wine or beef broth (about 1 cup) to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom with a whisk to get all of that wonderful flavor up. When the bottom of the pan is sufficiently deglazed, place the roast back into the pan and add enough beef stock to cover the meat halfway (about 2 to 3 cups). Add in the onion and the carrots, as well as 3 or 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary and about 3 sprigs of fresh thyme. Try using a crockpot instead. Put the lid on, then roast in a 275F oven for 3 hours (for a 3-pound roast). For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours.
Pumpkin Cream Pie
Prep: 2 hrs Level: Easy Cook: 20 mins Serves: 8 Description A creamy, dreamy, more mild take on pumpkin pie. Beware: between the graham cracker crust and the filling, this one’s hard to resist. Ingredients FOR THE CRUST: 1-½ package Graham Crackers (about 15 Cookie Sheets) ½ cups Powdered Sugar 1 stick Butter, Melted FOR THE FILLING: 1 box (3 Oz. Box) Vanilla Pudding (Cook And Serve Variety) 1 cup Half-and-half ½ cups Heavy Cream Pinch Of Cinnamon Pinch Of Nutmeg Pinch Of Ground Cloves 2 Tablespoons Whiskey (optional) ½ cups (plus 3 Tablespoons) Pumpkin Puree ½ cups (additional) Heavy Cream 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Extra Graham Cracker Crumbs, For Garnish Preparation Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grind graham crackers in a food processor (or, if you don’t have a food processor, place them in a large ziploc and pound ‘em with a rolling pin.) Add powdered sugar and melted butter and process until totally combined. Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan until nice and firm. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until warm and “set.” Remove from oven and allow crust to cool completely. In a medium saucepan, mix dry pudding mix with half-and-half and cream. Add spices. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly and thick. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey, if using. Add pumpkin and stir to combine. Place lid on pot and set aside to cool. When cool enough, place pot in the fridge to cool completely. When mixture is cool, remove from the fridge. In a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup heavy cream and brown sugar. Beat until very light and fluffy. Fold in pumpkin cream mixture until combined. Pour into cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight. Serve with graham crackers crumbled on top.
1 tsbn of olive oil 40 2 eggs 156 1 oz cheddar cheese 110 1/2 cup onion 34 2 mini pepper 25 1 chicken apple sausage patty 100 dash of salt dash of pepper =================================================== 465 calories
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed lobster tail and 1 lemon wedge) Ingredients
* 2 lobsters, cooked * 1 cups crushed reduced-fat round buttery crackers (such as Ritz) * 1 tablespoon dried parsley * 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese * 4 teaspoons butter, melted * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice * 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce * 2 lemon wedges
Remove the meat from the cooked lobster tail and claws; chop meat. Set lobster tail shells aside. Combine the lobster, crackers, and the next 5 ingredients (crackers through Worcestershire sauce) in a large bowl. Divide the lobster mixture evenly among tail shells. Broil the stuffed lobster tails 8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.
Note: You can also use 6 frozen lobster tails, cooked, for this recipe, reserving just 4 of the tails to stuff.
379 (37% from fat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 avocado, chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8oz sour cream
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large (but not family size) bag of doritos, crushed
- 1lb hamburger, spiced and browned
- taco seasoning to taste (eg, 2 tbsp)
- chili powder to taste (eg, 1 tsp)
- Brown hamburger. Drain fat. Add 1/3 chopped onion, taco seasoning, and chili powder. Mix. Continue cooking for two minutes.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except sour cream. Mix.
- Add sour cream. Mix. (Delay adding sour cream to avoid melting it - vary delay depending on how hot the hamburger is.)
Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- 1 small can of tuna
- 2 eggs, boiled, cubed
- 1 small sweet pickle, chopped OR 3 pimento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
If you like it sweet and tangy, try the sweet pickle version with Miracle Whip instead.
Note: If you haven't tried the Turkey-Veggie Meatballs, I recommend you give them a try first. They're surprisingly good!
6 servings @ 165 cal. 1 lb lean ground turkey 3 garlic cloves, minced 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped 1/4 cup parsley, chopped 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1 egg, beaten 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs Directions: # Mix all the ingredients and shape into 30 meatballs approximately 1" across. # Spray a nonstick pan lightly with veggie oil. # Cook the meatballs for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through and nicely browned on the outside You will likely have to repeat the process for a second batch unless you have one big frypan! Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-meatballs-33944?oc=linkback
1 large egg white $ 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded fresh Parmesan cheese 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions 1.25 pounds ground turkey $ 1-1/2 cup mixed vegetables Preheat oven to 400°. Combine all ingredients except cooking spray in a bowl; stir well. Shape mixture into 30 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until done.
Makes 5 waffles 125 calories each 1 cups Original Bisquick™ mix 3/4 cups milk 1/2 egg 1 tablespoons vegetable oil Directions 1 Heat waffle iron; grease with vegetable oil or shortening. 2 Stir ingredients until blended. Pour onto center of hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron. 3 Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle.
Makes 1 waffle 1 cup of oats 1 cup of water Put the oats and water in the blender. Pour the batter in the waffle maker. Bake for 5 minutes. You can put bananas or blueberries in the blender.
Where to Get Ingredients
Looking for good Filipino food ingredients? Like most ethnicities, these are not well-represented in the usual grocery stores. But at least in the Los Angeles area, the Seafood City grocery store chain sells primarily Filipino food and ingredients.
- 1 thumbs ginger crushed
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves crumbled
- 1 stalk lemongrass bottom part crushed
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ cups 7-up
Coating Knorr Seasoning Paprika
Marinate the chicken overnight.
Dry chicken put knorr seasoning Rub paprika for coloring
Pressure cook on high. 8 minutes per pound chicken. Once done with natural release, air fry it. 5 minutes to air fry one side and then 4 minutes for the other side.
Recipe from Cooking Light magazine.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 thighs and about 6 tablespoons sauce)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 145 degrees for two hours.
- If skin is on the chicken, sear for 2-3 minutes in frying pan on high heat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to pan. Add soy sauce and next 5 ingredients (through bay leaf); bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 12 minutes. Uncover and cook 20 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce thickens. Discard bay leaf. Serve over rice.
--10 egg yolks -- 1 can condensed milk -- 1 can evaporated milk -- 1/2 cup sugar Mix everything in a bowl..if you are using a mixer use the slowest setting as it will bubble up... after using a mixer...mix it slowly with a spoon to get rid of the bubbles. Get three llanera and put 1 teaspoon of sugar on each on of them...heat them up to melt and caramelized the sugar use low heat only....be careful as it burns really quick after the sugar melts....set this aside to cool down...pour the egg mix to the three llanera and cover it tightly. ...i use aluminum foil before but I bought llanera with cover already when I went to phil last 2012...cook in a steamer for 45 min
Pork Belly Adobo
Ingredients 2/3 cup soy sauce 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns 3 pounds boneless pork belly, skinned and meat cut into 2-inch pieces (16 to 20 pieces) 1/4 cup canola oil 1 large yellow onion, finely diced 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
Combine the soy sauce, garlic, sugar and peppercorns in a large bowl. Add the pork and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight, covered (can be marinated in a resealable 1-gallon freezer bag). Mix twice at regular intervals to marinate thoroughly.
Drain the pork in a colander over a bowl; reserve the marinade and garlic. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Brown the pork in batches, making sure not to crowd the meat and turning often until all sides are brown, 6 to 8 minutes per batch (the peppercorns may adhere to the pork, which is fine). Watch closely: The sugar in the marinade will cause the pork to darken quickly if the pot is too hot-lower the heat if necessary to avoid burning. Remove the pork with a slotted spoon; set aside.
Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the oil from the Dutch oven. Add the garlic from the marinade and the onions, and cook, stirring, until the onions are translucent, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add back the pork, the strained marinade, 1 cup water and the bay leaves, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium, cover and cook at a medium boil, stirring periodically, until the pork is tender but not falling apart, about 1 hour and 25 minutes. The cooking liquid will be reduced by at least 2/3.
Add the vinegar, but do not stir. Cook, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced to the consistency of a loose marinara, about 20 minutes more. Remove from the heat, and skim and discard fat (pork belly will render a good amount). Allow the pork and sauce to sit 15 minutes before serving; the sauce will continue to thicken. Serve over jasmine rice.
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pork-belly-adobo.print.html?oc=linkback
1 pound beef bones 1 pound beef chuck 2 tbsp salt 8 cups water 1 beef boullion 1 tbsp whole peppercorns 1 onion 1 potato 1 cup of baby carrots 2 corns 1 cabbage 1 bokchoy 1. Place meat and bones in the Instant Pot and 2tbsp of salt. Air fry for 5 minutes. 2. Turn the meat and air-fry for another 5 minutes. 3. Put water, bullion, peppercorns, and onion in the pot and set the pressure cooker to high for 30 minutes. Let it naturally release for 20 minutes. (About 70 minutes) 4. Put potatoes, corn, and baby carrots and pressure cook for 4 minutes. 5. Remove meat from the pot. 6. Make sure the instant pot is off. Put cabbage and bokchoy for 5 minutes. (They overcook easily.) 7. Serve and enjoy!
Bistek Tagalog Recipe
Ingredients 1 lb beef sirloin, thinly sliced 1/2 cup soy sauce 2 piece lemon or 3 pieces calamansi 1 tsp ground black pepper 6 cloves garlic, crushed 1 large onion, sliced into rings 3 tbsp cooking oil salt to taste Marinade beef in soy sauce, lemon (or calamansi), and ground black pepper for at least 1 hour Heat the cooking oil in a pan then stir fry the onion rings until the texture becomes soft. Set aside In the same pan where the onions were fried, fry the marinated beef (without the marinade) until color turns brown. Set aside Put-in the garlic then saute for a few minutes Pour the marinade and bring to a boil. Put in the fried beef and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Add water as needed. Add the stir-fried onions and some salt to taste. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 inch thickness salt and pepper to taste 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 egg, beaten 1 cup panko bread crumbs 1 cup oil for frying, or as needed Directions Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the flour, egg and panko crumbs into separate shallow dishes. Coat the chicken breasts in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip them into the egg, and then press into the panko crumbs until well coated on both sides. Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in the hot oil, and cook 3 or 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
Chicken Macaroni Salad
Kikiam and rice
Lumpia and rice
- 12oz package dried rice noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 cup diced cooked pork
- 1 small head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or 1/2 low-sodium cup soy sauce)
- 2 lemons, sliced, for garnish
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, and cover with warm chicken broth. When soft, drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in chicken, pork, cabbage, carrots, celery, and soy sauce. Cook until cabbage begins to soften.
- Toss in noodles, and cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Transfer pancit to a serving dish and garnish with quartered lemons.
2 can 16 oz of tomato sauce 1 lb ground beef 1 lb ground pork 1/2 lb Filipino hotdogs 6 pieces laurel leaves (bay leaves) 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 medium onions, chopped 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped 8 cloves garlic, minced 1 cup water 1.5 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 cup grated cheddar cheese Spaghetti Cooking Instructions: * Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Toss lightly with a half teaspoon of olive oil until coated, and allow to cool while cooking the rest of the ingredients. * Combine ground beef and ground pork and cook until browned. * In a sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions in cooking oil. * Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes. * Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes * Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 15 minutes. * Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheddar cheese on top. Notes: * If you're like me, you may be tempted to reduce the sugar or make other adjustments. I recommend making it as-is first; it's not as sweet as it looks. * Be sure to let the sauce simmer for at least 15 minutes at the end. Even longer is better - the flavor is better once it has a chance to combine.
2 eggs 1 teaspoon milk 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic salt to taste 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1 cup vegetable oil for frying 8 thin cut boneless pork chops 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place the panko crumbs in a shallow bowl. Rinse pork chops with water, then dip in the egg mixture. Coat with panko crumbs, dip in the egg mixture again, then coat with another layer of panko crumbs. Lay coated chops on a plate until the rest are finished. If you have time, let them set for about 10 minutes, and the coating will set very well. If you wish to freeze the chops, now is the time. When the oil is very hot, place pork chops into the pan, and fry for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Toyomansi Fried Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken legs and thighs, about 6 to 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons calamansi or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
Marinade chicken in soy sauce, calamansi, garlic, and freshly ground pepper and refrigerate overnight.
Bake chicken at 350 for 50 minutes.
Before frying the chicken let it rest at room temperature for over an hour. Fill a wok or a pot with at least 2 inches deep of oil and heat the oil. Deep fry chicken in small batches until cooked through and nicely browned. Fish out with a strainer and place on a platter lined with paper towels.
White King Champorado
Use 3 cups of water instead of 5 in the instructions. 1 packet makes 2.5 cups of champorado. 405 calories calories per cup including the 1/2 cup of sugar.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
This lightened version of Chicken Cordon Bleu remains tres dé licieuse despite a modest amount of butter. Fix mashed potatoes and a side of green beans while the chicken bakes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 rolled chicken breast half) Ingredients
* 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth * 5 teaspoons butter, melted * 1 large garlic clove, minced * 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs * 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese * 1 teaspoon paprika * 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves * 1/4 teaspoon salt * 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper * 4 thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces) * 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese * Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion. Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden. Nutritional Information
297 (30% from fat)
I'm not Italian, and I know the vast majority of "Italian" food in the US has been Americanized, so these are "American Italian" unless somebody tells me otherwise.
Artichoke and Mushroom Pasta
- 1Tablespoons Olive Oil - 120
- 1 Tablespoons Butter - 100
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
- 1/2 can Artichoke Hearts (14.5 Oz. Quartered Or Whole) Drained - 125
- 1/2 can Diced Tomatoes With Juice (14.5 Oz.) - 50
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream - 400 cal
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth (More As Needed)
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 8oz Thin Spaghetti -
- 1 can shitake mushroom
Cook spaghetti till al dente. Drain and set aside. Melt olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add artichoke hearts, mushrooms and tomatoes. Stir and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream and chicken broth. Add salt and pepper to taste (do not undersalt!) Cook over low heat until heated through, then turn off heat. Place drained pasta in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 cup Parmesan. Pour sauce over the top. Add chives. Toss lightly to combine and coat; add a tiny bit of reserved pasta water if sauce seems too thick.
Ethan's Italian Spaghetti with Meatballs
12 ounces, weight Pasta, Any Variety 8 pieces Thick Cut Bacon (diced Small) 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Diced Small 2 cloves Garlic, Minced 3 whole Eggs 3/4 cups Finely Grated Parmesan 3/4 cups Heavy Cream Salt & Plenty Of Black Pepper 1/2 cup Peas Preparation Instructions Cook pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until just barely crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Pour off all of the bacon grease, but don't clean the pan. Return the pan to the stove over medium-low heat and throw in the onions and garlic. Cook until golden brown. Set aside. In a bowl, mix together eggs, Parmesan, cream, and salt and pepper until smooth. When the pasta is done, reserve a cup or two of the pasta water. Drain the pasta and place it in a bowl. While the pasta is still really hot, slowly drizzle in the egg mixture, stirring the pasta the whole time. The sauce will become thick and should coat the pasta. Splash in a little hot pasta water if needed for consistency. Halfway through, add the peas, bacon, and sauteed onion/garlic. Finish adding the sauce, stirring until it's all combined. Serve immediately with extra Parmesan. Delish!
- 6 servings
- 8 ounces, weight Bucatini Or Spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Sliced
- 1-1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 3/4 cups Chicken Broth Or White Wine
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 whole Anchovy Filets
- 1/2 cup (heaping) Assorted Pitted Olives
- 12 whole Basil Leaves
- 4 ounces, weight Good Parmesan Cheese
Preparation Instructions Cook pasta until al dente. Mash (in this order) garlic, anchovies, and olives using a mortar and pestle, or just chop them finely together. Set aside. Using a fork, crumble the Parmesan cheese. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced red onions and cook until slightly caramelized. Add halved tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes. Pour in broth or wine and cook for another two minutes, then pour in garlic/anchovy/olive mixture. Stir and continue cooking for several minutes, or until sauce is nice and reduced and wonderful. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add the crumbled Parmesan and toss to coat pasta in the sauce.
6 ounces fresh linguine 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined $ 1/4 teaspoon salt $ 1/2 cup prechopped onion $ 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic 1/2 teaspoon dried basil pinch crushed red pepper 2 tablespoons tomato paste 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt; add shrimp to pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Transfer shrimp to a bowl. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Add onion, minced garlic, basil, and crushed red pepper to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add tomato paste and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes or just until sauce begins to thicken. Return shrimp to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Add parsley to the pan, stirring well to combine. Serve over pasta.
- 4 servings 300 cal per serving
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Butter 300 cal
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Diced 50 cal
- 24 oz Tomato Juice 150 cal
- 1 can (14 Oz. Cans) Diced Tomatoes 100 cal
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken Base 45 cal
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar 135 cal
- 1 pinch Salt
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream 400 cal
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Chopped Fresh Basil
- Sauté diced onions in butter until translucent.
- Then add canned tomatoes, tomato juice, chicken base, sugar, pinch of salt, black pepper and stir. Bring to a near boil, then turn off heat.
- Add in cream and stir. Add in parsley and basil to taste.
Roasted Chicken, Hummus, Pita Bread
Sticky Rice with Mango
Yield 4 servings @ 250 calories per serving
Cook 1 cup of sweet rice in the rice cooker 1/4 cup coconut milk 1/4 cup sugar
Mix them all together
Black Bean and Cheese Enchiladas with Ranchero Sauce
Ingredients 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded 2 cups water 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 cup chopped yellow onion 5 garlic cloves, sliced 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt 2 cups organic vegetable broth 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano 2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato paste 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained 2 cups (8 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican-blend cheese, divided 3 thinly sliced green onions, divided Cooking spray 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas 6 tablespoons light sour cream Preparation 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine chiles and 2 cups water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Drain chiles in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
3. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add onion; saute 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and salt. Cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through cumin); cook 8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour onion mixture into a blender; add chiles and reserved liquid. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid. Blend until smooth; stir in lime juice and red pepper.
5. Combine the beans, 1 cup cheese, and half the green onions in a bowl. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 3 tablespoons bean mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over filled tortillas. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining green onions; serve with sour cream.
Nutritional Information Amount per serving Calories: 302 Fat: 12.9g Saturated fat: 5.3g Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g Protein: 17.3g Carbohydrate: 36.1g Fiber: 6.4g Cholesterol: 32mg Iron: 1.7mg Sodium: 574mg Calcium: 426mg
Black Bean Soup
Taste great with Mexican cheese, sour cream and rice
Only make a third of this recipe. It's too much to do all of it.
2 ancho chiles - If chiles are small add 3. 3 cups chicken stock 2 lb ground turkey 1.5 to 2 lb chorizo you can play with this depending on how much chorizo you like. 1/2 onion chopped 2 garlic cloves finely chopped 1 bay leaf Salt and pepper to taste About 4 roma tomatoes diced or 2 cans of diced tomatoes.
First- boil ancho chiles with 3 cups of chicken stock. Set aside. 2nd- in a pot start cooking the meat and chorizo once it's all crumbled but not completely cook though, throw in the chopped onion and garlic. 3rd- once cooked through add the sauce and the bay leaf and simmer for about 20 minutes You can add more stock if you want it more saucy.
Kimchi Fried Rice
1 tablespoons unsalted butter ½ small onion, medium dice 1 cup roughly chopped kimchi (6 ounces) 2 tablespoons kimchi juice, or to taste ½ cup small-dice Spam, ham or leftover cooked meat 2 cups cooked, cooled rice (preferably short-grain) 2 teaspoons soy sauce, or to taste 1 teaspoon sesame oil, or to taste
In a nonstick sauté pan or well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat, and add onions.
Cook, stirring, until the onions start to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Add kimchi and kimchi juice, and stir until it comes to a boil, about 3 minutes. Add Spam, and cook until sauce is nearly dried out, about 5 minutes.
Break up the rice in the pan with a spatula, and stir it to incorporate. Turn heat to medium.
Cook, stirring, until the rice has absorbed the sauce and is very hot, about 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Taste, and adjust with more soy sauce, sesame oil or kimchi juice. Turn heat down slightly, but let the rice continue to cook, untouched, to lightly brown.
2 cups cooked jasmine rice 2 eggs 4 tbsp olive oil salt pepper
3 tbsp soy sauce 1½ tsp sugar ¼ tsp black/white pepper ¼ tsp minced garlic pinch garlic powder pinch ginger powder
- Mix all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a frying pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium heat. Add eggs, salt and pepper to taste (whatever you would use for fried eggs). Cook eggs as you would scrambled eggs: cook until fully cooked on the bottom, stir thoroughly, wait 10 seconds, flip, wait 20 seconds, remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a frying pan or wok, heat 3 tbsp oil on high heat. Add rice, mix until oil completely coats rice. Add sauce, mix until the color is an even brown. Heat for three minutes (or until hot), scraping the bottom and turning over the rice every 30 seconds. The objective here is for the rice to absorb the liquid, and for the sugar in the sauce to caramelize. Overheating will burn the sugar, so make sure to scrape the bottom.
- Add cooked eggs, break up the eggs, and mix them into the rice.
- Turn off heat, stir rice again.
- Leave uncovered to allow rice to dry out until time to serve (maximum of 15 minutes). Stir rice again right before serving.